Friday, June 1, 2007

Felted Diaper Bag

Okay, now we're up to fall 2006. At the time, I had a pregnant friend (actually, I had about six pregnant friends, but this particular lady is one of my bestest friends) who I'm going to call Mama J, since she now is a mama. I wanted to knit something a little different, something useful, something which would show how much I appreciated her and how excited I was about becoming an auntie.

I settled on a diaper bag in her favorite colors.
The pattern is from Knitting for Baby by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas, knit in Valley Yarn's Berkshire Bulky 85% wool/15% alpaca Amethyst and Lime. I loved this yarn, and the price was quite reasonable. The alpaca made it a little on the soft side, and it felted beautifully.


Here are all the pieces in a nice little pile, ready to sew together.



After sewing together all the pieces of the bag, with a skein of the yarn for scale.


The bag after felting, with the same skein of yarn for scale.

Mama J loves it and takes it everywhere her daughter goes.

No comments: