Friday, June 22, 2007

Lace Shawls: Inspiration

While waiting for my yarn delivery, I thought I would pull together a list of all the shawls I want to knit. And then I got inspired by all the lovely mosaics that cosymakes makes, and decided to make a mosiac of those shawls that I lust after:


Mmm, pretty.

I must confess to filling a little weird about using other people's pictures ('cause I do a lot of photography, and despite the fact that I put my pics on the web, I feel pretty strongly about retaining my copyrights to them), so I've been very diligent about saying exactly where they are from so you can check out all the rest of their lovely work:

1. Kimono Shawl by Cheryl Oberle in her book Folk Shawls, pic from *Lia*.
2. Birch Shawl by Sharon Miller from Rowan Magazine 34, pic from guessica.
3. Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark from Wrap Style, pic from Brooklyn Tweed.
4. Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark from Fiber Trends, pic from iSeL Knits.
5. Sarcelle from Knitters Anonymous, pic from Kelp!.
6. Leaf Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark from Fiber Trends, pic from cgespino.
7. Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl by Sarah Bradberry, pic by hello yarn. (It's her own handspun too. This pic just makes me swoon.)
8. Zephyr Shawl by JC Briar, pic from her website. The lace pattern looks the same as the Kimono Shawl, but is finely shaped to hang on the shoulders well.
9. Tuscany Shawl by Amy R. Singer from her book No Sheep for You, pic from Scoutj.

I also picked up Lace Style today and fell in love with the Lily of the Valley Shawl. And I realized that I missed including the Icarus Shawl and the Candleflame Shawl in my mosaic. So there are three more in my wish-to-knit list.

Well, I have the patterns for 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8, and the patterns for 2 and 9 have been ordered. #1 is the next project to go on my needles!

And, speaking of which, the Knit Picks fingering weight Gloss yarn in Burgandy which is destined to be the Kimono shawl arrived today. (Along with the Options needle set and three skeins of lace yarn.)

As did the four skeins of Socks that Rock for Chevron Scarves.

Yarn love, indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh nice mosaic :)

I like the 'Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl' by hello yarn...the yarn is gorgeous!

Lía said...

oh! thanks for choose my photo, Kimono Shawl is so fun to knit ;-)